Extracted from the cannabis plant and then diluted with a carrier oil like coconut oil or hemp oil, CBD (Cannabidiol) oil contains two main substances – cannabidiol or CBD and delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. While CBD does not cause any form of high or intoxication, THC on the other hand causes a high due to the presence of cannabis in it.
CBD oil today can be found in oil bases for vaporizers, capsules, food items, tinctures, and beauty-related products like lotions or bath bombs. In India, CBD India can be purchased from a popular online store.
Top CBD Oil Available in India
There are different ways in which CBD oil can be used. In case, your doctor prescribes it for say, epilepsy, then you can mix it into food or drinks, or take them with either a dropper or pipette; swallow the capsules, or massage the paste into the skin, or spray it beneath the tongue.
The dosage of intake varies from individual to individual, depending on factors like the concentration of the product, or body weight.
- CBD oil contains inflammatory and natural pain properties which provide relief from pain and stiffness. According to a medical study conducted in 2019, when it is applied as an ointment to the skin, it helped to greatly reduce scarring and inflammatory skin disease.
- CBD oil helps people to develop withdrawal symptoms for quitting smoking and drugs taking. A pilot medical study in 2013 and later in 2018 revealed that smokers used inhalers containing CBD. It helped them to smoke fewer cigarettes than they usually are used to. Gradually, it helped them to resist the carving for nicotine and eventually quit smoking.
- CBD oil in a purified form as Epidolex in 2018 was approved to treat two grave forms of epilepsy – Dravet Syndrome & Lennox Gastaut Syndrome, both involving rare forms of epilepsy seizures, difficult to control with other forms of medications. Evidence has it that it greatly helped prevent seizures sans the devastating sedating side effects caused by medications consumed previously.
- CBD oil when consumed by patients with Alzheimer’s disease helped them to slow the evolution and progress of the disease. This was revealed by a 2019 review study. Seeing this effect, certain scientists believe that a combination of CBD and THC will prove to be more effective in treating the disease.
- CBD oil as per research studies can assist in treating people with complications resulting from neuronal injury, psychiatrist diseases, and neurodegeneration, a form of epilepsy
- CBD oil as per a 2012 research study can help in preventing the spread of certain kinds of cancer. It does so by suppressing the growth and evolution of cancerous cells and facilitates their destruction. In addition, it also possesses low levels of toxicity which helps it support standard cancer treatments. Further studies are on to find out if it can prevent the growth of cancer cells, reduce the effects of conventional chemotherapy, and enhance the power of chemotherapy.
- CBD oil as per a 2019 medical study can help in reducing anxiety levels. In addition, it is also said to decrease anxiety-related behaviors in people with problems like panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and general anxiety disorder.
- CBD oil as per a 2016 study can greatly ease inflammation that occurs when the immune system attacks cells in the pancreas. This will thus prevent or delay the onset of type 1 diabetes.
- CBD oil when applied, as per a 2014 study, topically on the skin can greatly reduce inflammation in psoriasis and other types of inflammatory skin diseases. It can also help in lowering the production of sebum responsible for causing acne. Today, CBD oil is a common ingredient in most skin creams and ointments Click Here to know more.