Hemp hearts, also known as hulled hemp seeds, are the edible inner kernels of the hemp plant’s seeds. Hemp hearts have gained popularity in recent years due to their nutritional benefits and versatility in cooking. In India, the use of hemp hearts is still relatively new, and many people are still unaware of their health benefits. Read More
Hemp hearts are a rich source of protein, fiber, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. They are also gluten-free, making them an excellent choice for people with gluten allergies or sensitivities. Hemp hearts are a complete protein source, meaning they contain all nine essential amino acids that the human body cannot produce on its own.
In India, hemp hearts are primarily used in health food and organic stores as a dietary supplement. They can be consumed raw, roasted, or added to smoothies, salads, and baked goods. Hemp hearts can also be used as a replacement for nuts and seeds in recipes for those with nut allergies.
Although hemp is part of the cannabis family, hemp hearts do not contain the psychoactive compound THC, which is responsible for the “high” associated with marijuana. As a result, hemp hearts are legal to consume and sell in India.
Overall, hemp hearts are a nutritious and versatile food that can be easily incorporated into a healthy diet. As awareness of their health benefits grows, it is likely that hemp hearts will become more widely used in India.
Nutritional Value of Hemp Hearts
Hemp hearts, also known as shelled hemp seeds, are a highly nutritious food that provides a range of essential nutrients. Here is a breakdown of their nutritional value per 30g serving (approximately 3 tablespoons):
- Calories: 166
- Protein: 9.5g
- Fat: 14.6g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugar: 0.5g
Hemp hearts are an excellent source of plant-based protein, containing all nine essential amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own. They also contain a healthy balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are important for brain health, reducing inflammation, and supporting cardiovascular health.
In addition, hemp hearts are a good source of several minerals, including magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc. They also contain vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, and vitamin E.
Overall, hemp hearts are a highly nutritious food that can be easily incorporated into a balanced diet. They can be sprinkled on top of salads, added to smoothies or yogurt, or used as a replacement for breadcrumbs in recipes.
Health Benefits of Hemp Hearts
Hemp hearts, also known as hulled hemp seeds, are the edible seeds of the hemp plant. They are a great source of plant-based protein, healthy fats, and other beneficial nutrients. Here are some of the potential health benefits of hemp hearts:
- High in Protein: Hemp hearts are an excellent source of plant-based protein. They contain all nine essential amino acids, making them a complete protein source.
- Rich in Healthy Fats: Hemp hearts are high in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These healthy fats are essential for brain function, heart health, and overall well-being.
- May Reduce Inflammation: Hemp hearts contain gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which has anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown that GLA can help reduce inflammation and may be beneficial for conditions such as arthritis.
- May Improve Heart Health: The healthy fats in hemp hearts may help improve cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Studies have shown that consuming hemp hearts can help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
- May Boost Digestive Health: Hemp hearts are a good source of fiber, which can help improve digestion and reduce the risk of constipation.
- May Aid Weight Management: The high protein and fiber content of hemp hearts may help promote feelings of fullness, reduce appetite, and aid in weight management.
- May Support Skin Health: Hemp hearts are rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
Thus, incorporating hemp hearts into your diet can provide a range of potential health benefits. They are easy to add to meals and snacks and can be used in a variety of recipes, such as smoothies, salads, and baked goods.
How to Use Hemp Hearts
Hemp hearts, also known as hemp seeds, are a nutritious and versatile food that can be easily incorporated into your diet. Here are some ways you can use hemp hearts:
- Sprinkle them on top of oatmeal, yogurt, or cereal for added crunch and nutrition.
- Use them as a salad topper for an extra boost of protein and healthy fats.
- Blend them into smoothies or shakes for a creamy and nutritious addition.
- Use them in baking recipes, such as muffins or bread, for added texture and nutrition.
- Add them to your homemade granola or trail mix for a nutrient-dense snack.
- Use them as a substitute for breadcrumbs in recipes like meatballs or veggie burgers.
- Toast them and use as a garnish for soups, stews, or roasted vegetables.
- Mix them into your favorite dips, such as hummus or guacamole, for added flavor and nutrition.
Hemp hearts are a great way to boost the nutrition of your meals and snacks. They are rich in protein, fiber, healthy fats, and various vitamins and minerals, making them a nutritious addition to any diet.
Tips to Buy Hemp Hearts in India
Here are some tips to keep in mind when buying hemp hearts in India:
- Check the source: Make sure that the hemp hearts you are buying are sourced from reputable suppliers. Look for brands that use organic and non-GMO hemp seeds, and avoid those that may have been grown using pesticides or other harmful chemicals.
- Read the labels: Look for the nutritional information on the packaging to ensure that the hemp hearts meet your dietary requirements. Check the fat, protein, and fiber content, as well as the number of calories per serving.
- Buy from trusted retailers: It’s best to purchase hemp hearts from well-known and trusted retailers in India, whether online or in-store. This can help ensure that you are getting a high-quality product that is safe to consume.
- Store properly: Hemp hearts can go rancid quickly, so it’s important to store them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. This will help maintain their freshness and prevent them from spoiling.
- Use in moderation: While hemp hearts are a nutritious food, they are also high in calories and fat. Make sure to use them in moderation and as part of a balanced diet. Consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns about incorporating them into your diet.
Get Premium Quality Hemp Hearts in India at Aarogya CBD
Looking for a healthy and delicious way to boost your daily nutrition? Look no further than Aarogya CBD, where we offer high-quality Hemp Hearts that are rich in nutrients and bursting with flavor.
Our Hemp Hearts are made from the seeds of the hemp plant, which are carefully processed to remove their hard outer shells and reveal the nutritious inner kernel. Packed with protein, fiber, and essential fatty acids, our Hemp Hearts are a great addition to any diet, whether you’re looking to build muscle, improve digestion, or support heart health.
So whether you’re a fitness enthusiast looking for a plant-based protein source, a health-conscious consumer seeking to improve your diet, or just someone who loves delicious and nutritious food, our Hemp Hearts are a perfect choice. Browse our online store today to learn more and place your order!
Showing all 6 results
₹525 – ₹1,599 Select options
₹999 – ₹1,899 Select options
₹799 – ₹2,299 Select options
₹699 – ₹1,249 Select options
₹500 – ₹1,050 Select options
Showing all 6 results